Monday, February 13, 2006


Been far from God the last few days: I forgot Him. Could barely stand up this morning for longing of His presence: He sought me. The reason: 2 Timothy 2:4 - "No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please Him who hath chosen him to be a soldier." I didn't just entagle myself, I forgot the war altogether. I became David instead of Uriah. Thank you Lord for showing me my folly before I shamed you before others. How did He show me? Ephesians 6:10-18 - "Put on the whole armour of God." We are in the midst of a hot battle right now; that is why we need the armour. "Of God" - it's His: we cannot stand without His grace and the "power of His might." "If God be for us, who can be against us?" Surely we wrestle with "spiritual wickedness in high places," but what are they when the Most High God is on our side to deliver us, to purify us? The high places of wickedness are truly higher than I, but cannot reign above my Deliverer. "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. . .Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching. . ." We are called unto this battle; let us recognize it. Our enemy is detestable, for he detests God. Take heed, stand fast, lest ye fall.

No comments: