Thursday, January 19, 2006

Been having a dry spell lately concerning fellowship with my Lord. Feel that I'm becoming one of the dry-rot Christians that can sure keep the outward commandments, but the internal commandment of loving Him with all of the heart, soul and mind gets neglected. What is the purpose of man? Do we exist to experience joy, peace, love, and fellowship? All these things are products of fulfilling our true purpose: Giving God Glory in that He enjoys sweet fellowship with us. Lord, may I not fall into Israelite pride that claims your blessings as its own, lest you be compelled to turn against me, a stone chosen to praise Your name, the dearly beloved of Your Soul, for this is unpleasing to you. It greaves Your heart, your soul. This person that speaks to you is not who You meant him to be, and in that your soul is grieved, though perfect, just, loving, and righteous. You have given grace and strength to change and to do your bidding. I want to grasp you. Here am I.

No comments: