Thursday, January 19, 2006

Read in Jeremiah today of the yoke of Babylon on the shoulders of Judah. This yoke, the chastisement of sin, was to be their cursed slavery. But my God gives me a yoke as well. This yoke is a slavery as well, but not cursed in any sense, for it sets me free from bondage from my Lord. I am free to commune with my God according to His lovingkindness. What sweet communion, for God is with me in this yoke, beside me, yet with His hands on the reigns. But how often do I kick against the pricks. Foolishness, for I know not the destruction into which I will lead myself. Who am I to direct my steps? He is infinite; in Him do I have my very being. My Lord will not suffer me, chosen in Christ, to lose His fellowship, for He wants the same. Only as I choose another god on which I will lay my passion will my Lord, for His eternal pleasure, strip me of His nearness. Thy Word, O Lord, and the promises thereof, shall be my guide. I can not stray when the eyes of my heart follow hard after Thee, for you have promised "I know the thoughts that I think toward you, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. You shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Amen, Lord God. I will rest in your promises.

No comments: